• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe unethical / illegal behaviour

New Here ,
Mar 27, 2022 Mar 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In February I decided to sign up to a 7-day trial of Acrobat as I needed to rotate a .pdf and had no other way to do so (clever tactic adobe).

I successfully rotated my page, and a couple of days later I cancelled the service. This was no easy feat I might add… I had to ‘Google’ to work out how this was possible. I don't remember the exact date I cancelled, but I remember writing in the 'reason for leaving' box that it was due to exploiting consumers who only needed to perform the simplest of tasks. I didn't receive a cancellation email, but I didn't think anything of it at the time.

A month later, I noticed a second charge of $22 on my credit card for the service (I was expecting the first charge to be refunded as per the initial instructions). I decided to speak to customer service online to alert them of the issue and have the charges reversed.

However, it quickly became apparent this was all part of the scam and I was not going to see any money back. Not only did the representative refuse to refund me the 2 months of service that I wasn't aware I still had, but they proceeded to advise that I was locked into a 12 month contract and would have to pay around $180 to cancel the service now! After escalating this politely to another person during the chat, I was able to have the service cancelled ‘free of charge’ - as a gesture of 'good will' it was said. As if I was meant to be thankful for this ever so gracious offer.

This happened a few weeks ago now, but it’s still left a bad taste in my mouth. Being scammed by actual scammers is one thing, but a so called ‘reputable’ house hold name such as Adobe, employing these unethical tactics to seek business is another. Reading through the community online, it’s plain to see I’m not the only person who has been ripped off by Adobe. Masking the fact that they are selling annual plans and hiding the termination fees, bullying customers to pay cancelation charges, and failing to cancel subscriptions is not only unethical, but illegal in most countries. Are you really that desperate Adobe?

Adobe, you may have the monopoly now, but businesses who treat their customers in this manner won’t last for forever in this competitive world. You certainly won’t be getting my business again, and I’ll be sharing my experience wherever possible.

I hope you put my stolen $44 to good use, perhaps start with a book on fair business practice?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 28, 2022 Mar 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not customer service, and most people here can't help you--but can you provide more details?

Exact dates and times of your subscription and cancellation?

Website of your original purchase and the website where you canceled your subscription?

What was the process you followed online to cancel your subscription?

I've subscribed to trial versions of Acrobat in the past and had no problem canceling them online. 

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MOVED TO THE ACCOUNT, PAYMENT, & PLAN FORUM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you need to retry.  you only moved your response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 05, 2022 Apr 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@JR Boulay 

in "your profile" and you should be able to use the "topics i've participated in" to find the original thread, repair it and move the original post here.

kglad_0-1649168978246.png

or just move this thread and the op to holding per @John T Smith 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the original message seems to be lost you might want to move this to Holding

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This topic has disappeared, it is impossible to find it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 02, 2022 Sep 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same experience. Awful company. Really disgusted of their stealing behaviours.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 03, 2022 Sep 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When you 'click to agree' to the subscription terms while buying a subscription, that means that you really do need to read BEFORE you enter your credit card number to buy a subscription... See this page for more information, including a yellow highlited section from the subscription page https://community.adobe.com/t5/account-payment-plan-discussions/adobe-hidden-contract-is-disgusting/...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines