Adobe won't open

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In February my Adobe Acrobat DC stopped working. I have uninstalled it and re-installed it several times. I am far from tech savvy and other people in my office have tried to get it to work. Even my daughter has come in to see if she could resolve the issue. Basically, if I have a PDF saved on my computer and I click on it to open a box pops up stating "Do you want this app to make changes to this device?" with a yes and no option. I click yes and the box goes away; however, the PDF I am trying to open never opens. I have tried to open Adobe Acrobat DC then open a file when I get in and that doesn't work either. When my daughter came to my office she uninstalled and re-installed the program and she got the same message. She went to one of the PDFs and selected the "Open With" function and was able to open the PDF in other applications such as Chrome and Edge but Adobe would not open. I have tried to open PDFs that were saved on flash drives on this computer and they would not open in Adobe; however, if I go to another computer or a laptop they would open no problem. This problem started out of the blue and I do not know what prompted it. I need Adobe Acrobat DC for work in order to be able to edit PDF and sign documents digitally. They do not provide phone support for this program and I do not have a Twitter or even know how to use a Twitter in order to get help with this issue. I really do not know what I cn do to resolve this issue. Any advice would greatly be appreciated. 

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting , How to , Install update and subscribe to Acrobat , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My daughter told me to add that I currently have verison 22.001.201117

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines