• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe

Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2023 Feb 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I don't know if this is the section to ask this but I can't find another one, I recently saw the Adobe webinstaller process in the task manager, what would this process be?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

an acrobat related process.

<moved from download and install >

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I can assume that, but what does it do? Or because it was running in the background without any adobe application open? It is the first time that I see it and from what I deduce it appeared after it was updated

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And it appeared next to the Adobe ARM process, and after a while this Adobe webisntaller process was also called Adobe ARM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

why did you assume that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because you say that, and the process is called Adobe, can you answer the other questions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do you have any idea why acrobat/acrobat scan or some other pdf related process would be on your computer?

what if you restart your computer?  is that process still there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Acrobat Reader but I don't use it, if I restart the computer the only process that appears is the Adobe Acrobat update service and sometimes AdobeARM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if Adobe webinstalle reappears in your processes, disable adobe reader auto-updates to see if that stops it from reappearing on computer restart.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, so I assume from this conversation that it's not a malicious process that was what I was worried about, it doesn't bother me that it appears I was worried about not knowing what it was, thanks for the help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh sorry. i didn't understand your concern.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My concern was that it was a virus or something, but after spending antivirus and having this conversation I discard that option and understood that it was something of the adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's always good to be cautious.  running av scans is always prudent 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you confirm for me, although I practically think I already know, that this process was not a virus and is something from Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can't determine that from a name.  there is a legitimate adobe webinstaller, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, so it must be legit since it appeared while adobe was updating, thanks for your help and time

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines