• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AdobeGCClient.exe

Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2017 Apr 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running Windows 7. After my computer startup this morning it gave me an error message.

AdobeGCClient.exe - System Error

The program can't start because MSVCP140dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 27, 2017 Apr 27, 2017

Hi all,

The fix will be deployed within the next 24 hour window on user's machines. If you need an immediate fix then you may download  the Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable Package 32bit (x86) version of runtime and install the same:  https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/download/details.aspx?id=48145

Sorry for the inconvenience.

-ashu

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2017 Apr 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ashish,

You say the fix is downgrading clients back to version 3.7 but I've been keeping tabs on the Adobe GC Client levels at my organization since the issue began and the numbers are going the wrong way.  I'm seeing more people being upgraded to version 4.0 from version 3.7 every day.  Please advise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi gfsdfasfsdfsdf,

This should not be happening as it has been more than 36 hours since 4.0 version is made unavailable from servers side. I will connect with you via Direct Message to find out what is happening in your environment and try to help you to resolve it.

-Ashish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2017 May 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Ashish,

I'm still have the error message and it's 5/1.  Many hours after your update.  Maybe I'm not receiving the update! What the proper way to get your update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stanleyl,

Apologies for inconvenience.

I am sending you a direct message to connect with you to resolve this issue for you.

Thanks

Ashish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2017 Apr 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ashish,

Will this update be available via SCUP?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this problem too with Adobe XI clients patched 11.0.20.

Is this fix going to be applied automatically with the adobe update as version 11.0.21? At the moment I am not in hurry but I need to have a plan prepared for managing all the clients with Adobe Acrobat installed.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi LeoBando,

Yes the update will be applied automatically, You may wait for some time if in case the issue occurs on some machine and If you need an immediate fix then you may download  the Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable Package 32bit (x86) version of runtime and install the same:  https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/download/details.aspx?id=48145

-Tariq Dar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tariq,

Thank you for your reply, can you please give to me an idea of "may wait for some time"? Ashish said the update will be available in a window of 24 hours.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good day everyone,

I'd like to share with all of you a message from our Adobe Genuine team.

-------

Recent DLL errors encountered by some Acrobat users

The Adobe Genuine Software Integrity Service, introduced in May 2015, can identify if an installed Adobe product is genuine or non-genuine. The Service comprises of two elements: 1) validation testing which runs periodically and checks for any tampering of Adobe software program files, and/or improper and invalid licenses, and 2) a notification service that can communicate if non-genuine or counterfeit software is on the user’s machine. Validation testing is distributed via regular product update channels and users may see the AdobeGCClient.exe running in their Activity Monitor/Task Manager. For more information on how the service works, visit http://www.adobe.com/genuine.html and the contained FAQ. 

On April 26th 2017, some Acrobat users experienced an error caused by the AdobeGCClient.exe. This recent update from Adobe needed the presence of MSVC.dll which is not natively distributed by the OS on machines. Adobe has rolled back this update, and users should not experience any additional errors. Adobe apologizes for any inconvenience caused.

--------

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Dave,

We began having the AdobeGCClient.exe error message two weeks ago on one computer. I relabeled the AdobeGCClient.exe file to AdobeGCClient.old and this change stopped the error messages. Do I need to change the file back to AdobeGCClient.exe? Has there been a final fix? This computer is running Windows 8.1 Professional 64 bit and the Adobe software on it is: Acrobat XI Standard, Adobe Premier and Photoshop elements 13, and Adobe Flash.

Also, on an another computer this morning, a message flashed up from the Bitdefender Ransomware Protection that it had blocked  adobegc and that "this application was attempting to change or delete your files." Target folder:documents: Blocked Application located in updaterstartuputility... The only Adobe software on this computer is Adobe Reader, Adobe Premier and Photoshop Elements12, and Adobe Flash. The OS is Windows 8.1 Professional 64 bit. Am I to assume that the adobegc is the same problem with AdobeGCClient.exe and if so how do we solve this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rob,

This looks to be a different issue compared to what's raised on this thread. We'd like to have a connect session with you to resolve the same. We've sent you a direct message. Please respond on the same.

Thanks,

Cyril

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just match the VC2015 library with the one installed on your system. (32bit/64bit) Or install both.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had the same issue on 3 workstations.  Installed the C++ 2015 redis x64  and no more error messages so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fact that adobe is updating components (and breaking them...) in an enterprise environment without the admins/users knowledge is extremely worrying. If you want to update something than do it through your SCUP catalog like any sane developer would.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We have been receiving this error since April 25th. According the thread above we should have all had our Adobe's automatically update by now yet we are still receiving the same error. We have thousands of computers being affected by this and need a fix now. If the fix is to download and reinstall then I will need step by step instructions that can be distributed to the other employees explaining how to do this.

We need this fix done immediately. Please advise.

Adobe Acrobat DC (version)

Thank you,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Adobe GC Client is used for licensing validation and to combat software piracy.  This is why Adobe isn't being exactly forthcoming with information on this issue and the client in general.  But as far as I can tell Adobe has been sneakily updating this client in the background for quite some time.  Using SCCM I was able to pull a list of all computers that have this client and their applicable version #'s and there are at least 7 different versions of this client in our enterprise.  It appears this client updates itself without admin rights and no one other than Adobe can tell us how, when or why this client updates.  We can only hope they learned their lesson with this whole debacle, causing issues for paying customers in the name of DRM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe puts in place THREE different ways (that i know of...) to update adobe in the background

- Services set to automatic that run as LOCAL SYSTEM that run when windows boots

- items in startup folder that run at user log in

- Scheduled Task with multiple triggers

---- at login of any user

---- at 8AM every day  (they've conveniently added an expiration date for this trigger, 5/2/2027, which is probably far longer than the computer will actually exist)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What can we do so that this does not happened again to my users PC's ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2017 May 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We are also waiting for the update from Adobe to fix this issue.

I could install Visual C++ 2015 as instructed or rename the AdobeGCClient folder as suggested by a few users, but i'm hoping to get an office fix from Adobe. What is the suggestion at this point?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 03, 2017 May 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jlu0ng,

Apologies for the inconvenience.

This is bit strange as this update has been successfully rolled back for most our users.

I am sending a direct message to connect with you to look into your specific issue.

Thanks

Ashish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines