• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Win 10 Update Cannot Create PDF from Web Page

Community Beginner ,
Jul 08, 2021 Jul 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use this feature a lot and suddenly when I do, I am unable to save the generated PDF (with subsequent pages, 2 levels). I get "The document could not be saved. Write error."

Please help me get past this.

Thank you!

Ginni

TOPICS
Create PDFs , General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 08, 2021 Jul 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ginni,

Thank you for reaching out and sorry for the trouble.

Could you please elaborate on what happens when you try to save the PDF? Please share the screenshot if you receive any error messages.

Also, share the Acrobat and OS versions on the machine.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 12, 2021 Jul 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I provided the exact error message.

I go to Adobe, click "File" then "Create" and then "PDF From Web Page"

I input the URL (which is to a site that requires authentication) and it connects, presenting me with the login screen.

Ginni5C33_0-1626100109026.png

I enter the credentials. I then, once again, choose to create from web page with the same URL (now I am authenticated). I choose 2 levels (the page I am accessing has a list of URLs) and watch as it reads each of the URLs and generates a nice set of PDFs for me.

Ginni5C33_1-1626100289914.png

When it is done generating this PDF package, I choose "File" and "Save As" so I can save it in the right local file location. I give the file a name and click "Save"

Ginni5C33_3-1626100408864.png

I then get this error:

Ginni5C33_4-1626100457345.png

I am using a PC with Windows 10 and the adobe version is 

Ginni5C33_5-1626100507044.png

Note that I have been using this tool for the last year doing the same exact series of steps and it's worked flawlessly. Only when I got Window 10 updates did it stop working.

Hope this helps!

Ginni

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2021 Aug 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get exactly the same message.  I too have been using a consistent series of steps:

1. Choose tools

2. Create a PDF

3. Select Web Page

4. Web page PDF is created

5. Little clock scrolls around

6. Message looks like the attached.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

My issue was resolved. Newer browsers are very picky about certificates. Check the certificate on the server you're trying to create the PDF from... It needs to be the latest SSL technology. Once I went to a different replica on a server with a self-signed cert, it worked for me.

GM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 22, 2021 Sep 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay, I am back again. This was working for a spell and now again it is not. The error has returned. I am executing the exact same steps as I did previously and nothing on my end has changed. I am using the latest Adobe Pro 2017 version 2017.011.30202. The PDF is generated exactly as I want, but when I try to save it, I get the "document could not be saved. Write error."

Please help!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines