Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

All functions deleted when spawning a page template

New Here ,
Jan 09, 2023 Jan 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I'm creating a form that takes the user to to fill and check options that can lead them through 1 of 2 different scenarios. Based on their choice and what they fill certain checkboxes have the function to spawn page templates I've created to take them further through the form. I have about 4 different page templates in this form.

Everything is going well except for 1 page template called ''WorkDistribution''.

The page on which this template is based is filled with checkboxes and functions/actions related to them (showing content, bringing to page views, spawning other page templates etc.).

When this specific template is spawned all functions and actions are not existing in the template, all properties of the checkboxes and buttons are simply not there.

Which is weird because all my other templates are retaining the data when spawn, its only that specific template.

Is there any information I'm missing? Should I delete the template and try to create a new one based from the page again?

Thanks for the help!

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , How to , JavaScript , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 10, 2023 Jan 10, 2023

It smells like the ugly bug.

Try to export pages and templates, and reassemble them into a new document.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 09, 2023 Jan 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the Template page hidden? If so, are you sure you applied these actions to the fields on the (hidden) Template page, and not to a spawned copy of it? Because only the version of the fields that's on the Template page itself will be duplicated when you spawn from it, not the version(s) of them on any other page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2023 Jan 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes the template is hidden and yes the actions of the fields are applied to the hidden template page itself and not a copy of it.

I've tried deleting the page and the template and insert back again the page with the functions and then create a new template with the same name and still when it is spawning a copy, the copy is reformatting all the functions and there's no more actions applied to all my checkboxes.

Thanks for the help 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 10, 2023 Jan 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It smells like the ugly bug.

Try to export pages and templates, and reassemble them into a new document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines