• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

All pages are turning black in Adobe Acrobat Pro.

New Here ,
Oct 12, 2021 Oct 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Adobe,

When I open any type of pdf-document in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, all pages turn black/dark grey. You can see that there are elements on the page but those hardly visible (see picture 1). The hyperlinks and bookmarks within the document still work. When I open the same document in my browser or on the OneDrive there's no problem (picture 2). Therefore, I think the problem lays within Adobe Acrobat.

Picture 1:

example2.jpg

Picture 2:

example1.jpg

I have installed the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Pro DC. Do you have a solution for this problem?

Greetings,

Sven

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Hope you are doing well.

As per the issue description that the PDF showing a blank page. Would you mind sharing few details to understand the issue better?

1.  Is it happening with a particular PDF or with all PDFs?
  2.  Application version?

Kindly try to repair the application (Select Help> Repair installation)

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harsh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thank you for the reply. This is happening to all PDFs. The version I'm using is the latest one (21.0.), showing up to date on Creative Cloud.

I have tried your suggested solution. But it didn't work out.

Greetings,

Sven 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2022 Apr 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
i have a similar issue. Bit not the whole page is black, i can see the typo. I tried to reinstall Acrobat Reader DC. My Operatingsystem is Mac OS Catalina. This happens with every PDF. I've tried to change some preferences for "Seitenansicht" (like try67 recommended) but it didn't work. I've had this Problem for month, i use Acrobat on my Win 10 PC more often. 

Greetings from Germany

Helke

Bildschirmfoto 2022-04-17 um 20.32.56.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this: Go to Edit ("Bewerken") - Preferences ("Instellingen", I guess) - Page Display ("Pagina Weergave"), and make sure that "Show large images" is ticked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. I have checked my settings and "Show large images" was already ticked. 

Greetings,

Sven

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2023 Dec 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's the resolution here adobe? I have the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2024 Apr 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What's the resolution here adobe? I have the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines