• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Alternative Field Calculations

New Here ,
May 02, 2022 May 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm new here and I'm trying to learn how to do something that may or may not be possible in Adobe.  I'm in the mortgage industry and I'm creating a form with the following fields: "Purchase Price", "Down Payment Amount", "Down Payment Percent", "Loan Amount", and "Loan-to-Value Ratio". Mathematically speaking, data only ever needs to be manually entered into any two of the five fields and the remaining three fields can be calculated based on the entered data, regardless of which two fields the user chooses to manually input. I currently have the field calculations set for the user to enter the Purchase Price and the Down Payment Amount, and the remaining three fields (Down Payment Percent, Loan Amount, and Loan-to-Value Ratio) are automatically calculated. Is it possible to make it so that regardless of what two fields the user chooses to manually enter the data, the other three can be calculated? I've included a snip of the fields just to provide a visual. Any help is appreciated - willing to pay to have someone write the script for me. Thank you!

Bradley24287170n5ls_1-1651518326120.png

TOPICS
Create PDFs , JavaScript , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's possible, but you need atleast one money value field filled, you can't do it if user fill only percentage fields.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you're right and I realized that after I posted. Entering the down payment percentage and the loan to value ratio would not calculate the other three fields. Are you able to help with the script?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 04, 2022 May 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

See the attached file.

You can set the decimal places for prices.

Capture d’écran 2022-05-04 à 14.26.18.png

@+

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines