• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

An internal error occurred when clicking on the highlight button - Adobe Acrobat Pro DC

New Here ,
Aug 09, 2022 Aug 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys,

Since the past 3 days, the dreaded internal error message started showing every time i click on the highlight button. I have followed every single solution posted in the forums but nothing (Clean uninstall/install, registry edits, signing in/out/in again, resintalling creative cloud, downloading Adobe Acrobat Pro DC from the website).

I am currently on windows 11 Pro and i've noticed the same has started happening to other users in the past couple of days, maybe is an incompatibility issue? And yes, i have ran Acrobat in compatiblity mode. 

It happens on blank pdfs, image pdfs, text pdfs, etc. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 09, 2022 Aug 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out and reporting this.

Please ensure that you are using the latest version of the application. Go to Help menu > Check for updates in the application.

You may also check the latest updates related information on the following page: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/release-note/release-notes-acrobat-reader.html.

If the issue persists, please share the screenshot of the error message. It would be helpful if you could share the screen recording.

Share the Acrobat and OS version numbers.

We may need logs if the issue still occurs.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines