• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

An unexpected error occurred pdfmaker was unable to produce the adobe pdf when importing

Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2022 Nov 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting this error trying to import a pptx to Adobe. I have searched online and haven't found a single working fix. (to Adobe employees) PLEASE DO NOT REPLY WITH A GENERIC TROUBLESHOOTING STEPS. I am here for an actual solution. I have implimented these fixes from people finding solution from 2008 to 2020. 

here is the three steps I found as "Solution" from Adobe forums.

1. Reinstalled both Office and Adobe, Tried a solution I found was to install Office after installing Adobe, I restarted after uninstalling office with Adobe installed. Reinstalled Office, didn't work, reinstalled office 64bit. didn't work.
  2. Changed settings in Control panel to Adobe Printer, Under the ports tab, adobe pdf cannot be set to lpt1 or com1 or some such port
    it must be set to Documents\*.pdf (near the bottom of the list of ports). Under the advanced tab, dont set spooling. click the little radio button next to "Print Directly to Printer"

3) Patched with update released on April 12 2022 

I am attaching system information created from Adobe and Office version here

Links refferred: 

https://acrobatusers.com/forum/pdf-creation/pdf-conversion-process-failed-please-correct-error-and-r...

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/quot-an-unexpected-error-occurred-pdfmaker-was-un...

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/pdfmaker-was-unable-to-produce-the-adobe-pdf/m-p/...

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 03, 2023 Feb 03, 2023

Finally figured out the work around. Instead of using .pptx or .docx files using .ppt or .doc files (legacy save) will convert the docs with no problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 24, 2022 Nov 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @upnorthverynorth 

Hope you are doing well, and sorry to hear that.

This issue is already reported to our engineering team. Could you please update the application to the latest version  22.3.20282 (Win) Go to help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once and collect the logs using the steps mentioned below for further investigation

1. Create Registry to generate logs

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Acrobat\PDFMaker\<Track>\Global\Settings]
"PDFMLogLevel"=dword:00000003

2. Perform steps to reproduce the issue.

3. Collect logs from the temp folder. Log files would be generated in %temp% location as PDFMWord.log, PDFMExcel.log, PDFMPowerPoint.log and PDFMEngine.log

4. Disable logging by setting "PDFMLogLevel"=dword:00000000 

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2022 Nov 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

here is the log file created when recreating the issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2022 Nov 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Amal. I have provided the log files, please advise a solution

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 02, 2022 Dec 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @upnorthverynorth 

Thanks for sharing the logs. I have forwarded them to the development team for review. Will share the update as soon as I get any information.

Thanks for your time and patience.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 06, 2022 Dec 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @upnorthverynorth 

Our development team is working on it, here is a new binaries https://acrobat.adobe.com/link/track?uri=urn:aaid:scds:US:1b13c3ce-b91c-47e8-a7f7-0d398030df41

Copy the 64 bit version of the dll (PDFMEngine.dll, PDFMOfficeAddin.dll, PDFMPowerPoint.dll ) to "..\Acrobat DC\PDFMaker\Office\x64" location and PDFMakerAPI.dll to "..\Acrobat DC\PDFMaker\Common\x64" location.

The log file will be generated at %temp% location as ContextMenuLogs.txt

Please try the following workflow: Right-click a PPT file and click Convert to Adobe PDF

Waiting for your reply

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 08, 2022 Dec 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Amal. Tried the step above and the issue still presists. Attaching the required log file 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 13, 2022 Dec 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @upnorthverynorth 

Thanks for sharing the required logs. I have shared them with the development team for review.

Will share the update as soon as I get nay input from them.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 15, 2022 Dec 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @upnorthverynorth 

I have shared more details in private message please check

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 03, 2023 Feb 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Finally figured out the work around. Instead of using .pptx or .docx files using .ppt or .doc files (legacy save) will convert the docs with no problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines