• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Anomaly with Futura PT Demi Font when comparing 2 individual business cards for a client

New Here ,
Apr 14, 2022 Apr 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

A client has requested new business cards for 2 colleagues. They sent me a PDF template of a business card that I created for a fellow colleague last year. All that was required was to edit the template and change the name, phone number & email address. 

A fairly simple task or so I thought. However, the client has since come back to me saying that the font text on the name appears to be Bold and thick.

I have opened up each PDF and looked at the format settings and everything seems to be in order. The font used is Futura PT Demi

The screenshots show the slight difference in text boldness & thickness between the 2 names and also the format settings for both

I did look at changing the font for the 2 new cards to Futura PT Medium but not sure if this is the correct way of approaching it.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 14, 2022 Apr 14, 2022

Doesn't it help to deactivate the Bold setting?

radzmar_0-1649966720713.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 14, 2022 Apr 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesn't it help to deactivate the Bold setting?

radzmar_0-1649966720713.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2022 Apr 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thanks, @radzmar  that worked. I  thought I had played about with all the format settings but I seemingly missed the obvious one.

Even though the original template opens up and the Text format is highlighted as if in bold already, it actually wasn't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines