• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Any file saved after using Prepare Form to add text boxes becomes corrupted

New Here ,
Jan 20, 2023 Jan 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am attempting to add fillable text boxes to a pdf. At first, I thought it was that exact file that was the problem, but then I tried to add text boxes to a different file and it was also unable to be opened after saving with text boxes. I am using Acrobat Pro version 2022.003.20310

I have tried repairing the installation, uninstalling and reinstalling (including deleting all adobe-related files I could find after uninstalling) and repairing the file using an online file repair service. Any suggestions?

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Edit and convert PDFs , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 20, 2023 Jan 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Ergi26231505bms2 

Thanks for reporting this to us. 

Is it something you have started experiencing after installing the latest update? What type of form fields have you been adding? Is it some specific type of field like text boxes or others too?

When you say after adding the text box, it doesn't open the form. Do you receive any error messages after when clicking on the form? 

Try making this change in preferences and let us know if that makes a difference:

Navigate to Acrobat>Edit>Preferences>Security (Enhanced)>disable  "Protected View" and "Enhanced Security">OK>close and reopen Acrobat

Note: these changes are only for testing purposes. Once tested, please change it back to the previous setting. 

Thanks,

Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't use acrobat for more than reading PDFs often, so I don't know if it started after the newest update. I was not getting an error message; the screen would just open the file for a split second, then close again without any sort of message.

I was unable to get Preferences to even open, so I uninstalled and reinstalled again, then did change those preferences. It works fine after doing this.I am adding text boxes, check boxes, and radio buttons. 

Thank you for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines