• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

App "Not Responding" when attaching Signature or Initials

New Here ,
Jul 19, 2022 Jul 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a problem with my Adobe Acrobat DC app.  When I am attaching my signature or initials to a pdf file, the app locks up and says "not responding" for up to 5 minutes.  Any suggestions on solutions to resolve this problem?

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 19, 2022 Jul 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Thanks for reporting this to us. 

To understand the issue better, we'd like to get more information from you.

When I am attaching my signature or initials to a pdf file, the app locks up and says "not responding" for up to 5 minutes. 

As mentioned above, when attaching my signature, does it mean that you are attaching an external file, or image using Fill & Sign tool, and the application freezes?

If yes, how about checking with a different file attachment, probably a smaller size? It could be the file or image size is larger than expected. 

1. Let us know the exact version of Adobe Acrobat DC you are working with. Open Acrobat>help>About Acrobat
  2. The exact process of attaching a signature (step-by-step)

Suppose you continue to experience the "Not responding" error. Then try this:

1- Close the Acrobat processes running in the background from Task Manager (Windows) and Activity Monitor (Mac). Open the app and try again.

2- Open Acrobat>help>check for update

3- Navigate to Acrobat>Edit>Preferences>Security (Enhanced)>disable "Protected View" and "Enhanced Security">OK>close and reopen Acrobat.

Note: these changes are only for testing purposes. Once tested, please change it back to the previous setting. 

Thanks,

Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines