Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Apply button greyed out in Redact function

Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to redact portions of a PDF document. I used the redact tool to select multiple areas within the pages. The tool successfully marks them, but when I try to complete the redactions by applying them, the 'Apply' function is greyed out. Not sure what I can do to allow the applying to happen.  I am not working in documents that have an electronic signature, so that is not the issue.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Does the document have no password? Is it not a PDF / A? ... Firms you say no ...

do you select and the application is not blue? and sterilize the document like this?

I'm doing the exercise now, and I see it well, try what I mention to see.

Regards,

WbolanosCo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

save the document in a word format, then open the word document and save as pdf. this strips the security, so you can re dact it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2022 Sep 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, I am having the same issue as above. I'm trying to redact a bank statement. I downloaded it as a pdf. Then I opened it in Adobe X Pro. I have redacted it but the Apply Redaction option is greyed out. There is no issue with signature that I'm aware of. Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines