• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Arghhh. Adobe Acrobat fails to activate.

New Here ,
Apr 17, 2024 Apr 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Product:  Adobe Acrobat X Pro

Purchased: Dec 2012

I have been continuously using this product regularly for my work for the 12 years and have been very satisfied with its capability for my needs.  Despite having an educational discount, I paid a lot of money for the original, stand-alone, downloadable software, which I can still obtain from Adobe.

My problem is recently the motherboard on my work computer failed and had to have it replaced.  Irritatingly, I couldn’t remember my Windows log on password as have been using a PIN.  I had to do a new Windows installation and therefore could not “deactivate” a previous installation of Adobe Acrobat.

No problem, I had it installed on an older work computer but a three hour round-trip to collect, but worth the hassle to get Adobe installed.

Dutifully deactivated the product, got a confirmation that I had done so and then tried to activate it on my other computer.  As you have probably guessed, it did not work.  So no I had Adobe not working on TWO computers.

Contacted Adobe support through the chat as you can’t actually speak to anyone.  The Assistant stated that the server for this software is now obsolete and not supported and that I will have to now buy a subscription for Adobe Pro.  This I do not want to do.  It’s likely that I will be using this software for another ten years amounting to over £1300 (at current prices), despite them offering me a discount…

Why should I have to fork out MORE money for something that should be easily rectified?  Is there a way I can stop the program from trying to activate over the Internet and continue to use it?

Any help to get me around this issue will be gratefully received.  I need to use program every day for my work.

Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 28, 2024 Apr 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is there a way I can stop the program from trying to activate over the Internet and continue to use it?

By @Tezwyn

No, when you do not activate the software, you won't be able to use it. And indeed, Adobe support can no more reset the activation count. It looks like the software for doing that has been retired. I don't know what happened during the deactivation, but in general, that is the only way now to resolve the issue. We have read, however, some reports that suggest that the procedure is not foolproof.

You can still buy a perpetual licence of Acrobat: https://www.adobe.com/products/catalog.html#category=pdf

(I'm only the messenger, so do not shoot me!)

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines