• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Attachments not saved when converting email in MS-Outlook to PDF

New Here ,
Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10 Pro. Acrobat Pro 2020. MS-Outlook 2016. Acrobat PDFMaker Office COM addin is installed and functioning normally. The "Acrobat" tab shows up properly on the Outlook ribbon. Compatibility setting is "Acrobat 9.0". "Include all attachments in the Adobe PDF" is enabled.

I am trying to convert an email with attachments to PDF, or a group of emails to a PDF Portfolio. The problem is that image file e-mail attachments (JPG, GIF, etc)  are not included in the PDF output.  If the email message is a Sent message, then all attachments seem to be included correctly in the PDF output. However, if the email message is a Received message then image file attachments are not included, but other files types (eg PDF, TXT, etc) seem to be included properly.

Why is this? Is there any way to have messages created correctly with all attachments included? This is a major problem for archiving purposes if important attachments are deleted from saved messages.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 01, 2022 Apr 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Big bug, no response. 

Now over a year after this was posted and nothing has come in by way of response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 01, 2022 Apr 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jacob, 

Sorry to hear that you are still experiencing the exact same issue as described above? Like image attachments are not converting when it's a received email? 

Would you mind elaborating it further? Also, share the exact version of Adobe Acrobat and OS you are working with.

There's likely a chance that the received email attachments have some restrictions or security applied that don't allow them to be extended. 

We checked the same at our end and the issue is not reproducible. Attachments in received emails are converting along with the email content though. 

Thanks,

Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2022 Apr 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for responding. When I create a portfolio from one or more received emails using "Convert to Adobe PDF" or "Create new PDF", all attachments are included in the portfolio except for jpg images. I haven't tested all image types because usually I receive jpg image attachments. The jpg images are nowhere in the portfolio.

I'm using Microsoft 365 Apps for Enterprise

Outlook 2108 (build 14326.20852 Click to run)

Adobe Acrobat Pro DC
Continuous Release I Version 2022.001.20085

Windows 10 professional x64 CCW1064V64

Hard to see how a jpg image could have security restrictions and it is not the case here. Other user just attached regular jpg (created by cell phone camera) to an email and emailed it to me.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Image attachments (JPG) are not included in the portfolio when I convert an email to portfolio using Right Click > Covert to Adobe PDF, or using "Create new PDF" in the Select Messages button on the Adobe ribbon.. Other file types are included as attachments to the portfolio, including other image types (PNG, BMP). The JPG files are nowhere to be found in the portfolio.

No indication of restrictions or security on the JPG attachments -- they come from different senders and they're always jpg files. 

Adobe Acrobat Pro Dc

Continuous Release version 2022.001.20085

Windows 10 Professional x64 - CCW1064V64

Outlook Version 2108 (Build 14326.20852 click to run)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2022 Jul 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am also having this problem, which from similar posts here seems to have existed for over 5 years without resolution.
- Adobe Acrobat Standard DC

- Installed Acrobat Version: 22.1.20169.0; Creation Date: 2022/07/05; Creation Time: 2:04:28 PM

- OS Name: Microsoft Windows 10;  OS Version: 10.0.18363

- Outlook Version: Outlook 2016 64-bit

I tested by emailing myself public domain JPG, GIF & PNG files.

I PDF'd the received email (Outlook/File/Save as Adobe PDF). The JPG & GIF image types were not included in the PDF output but the PNG was.

If the received email has some restrictions or security applied as suggested I'd expect such restrictions or security would affect inclusion of the PNG file types as well, not just the JPG and GIF files.

I PDF'd the sent email (Outlook/File/Save as Adobe PDF). All three image types were included in the PDF output.

All other attachment types I regularly receive (PDF, XLSX, DOCX etc) are included in the PDF output.

Any resoltion would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Craig

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines