• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio and video won't play in PDF file

New Here ,
May 26, 2015 May 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created an interactive PDF form with mp3 audio and embedded a mp4 video using acrobat 9 Pro. Both audio and video played perfectly on my computer, but when I sent the file to other people, a few of them couldn't play the audio, and a few others couldn't play the video. Can anyone offer some possible causes and solutions for this?

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May be that the people doesn't use Acrobat 9.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ,

Could you please tell what version of Acrobat people are you are using with whom you have shared the PDF?

If possible please let us know if there are getting any error message or any error number while playing those audio and video files so that we could review more on the issue.

I would like to know are you on Acrobat 9 only or just the PDF was created using that version .

I would request you to review this document and see on how to play video and audio files in Acrobat .

May be they are missing on something.Though this document is related to Acrobat DC but still I would request you to have a look at once .

Playing video, audio, and multimedia formats in PDFs

Regards

Sukrit Dhingra

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They're all using acrobat reader 9 or later, and I created the PDF using Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro.

Actually I've figured out that some of them have the Active X version of flash player installed, not the NPAPI. Once they've downloaded the right version, they were able to play the video. That seemed to fix the problem for the people not being able to play the video file (though I still haven't heard back from all of them yet.)

I've also read that link you've sent (thank you BTW), and it says that you need the required video codecs to play H.264 videos. So I'm wondering if some of the people might not have that.

As for the people not being able to play the audio file, the error message is "Acrobat has encountered an error while playing this media clip: Adobe's Windows build-in player cannot play this format as the required decoder is not installed on the system". Doe that mean they don't have the proper audio codec installed? The audio file is an mp3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The link I have shared it with you is in reference with Acrobat DC ,that is the latest Acrobat version .

Please check with other users as well ,may be the issue is fixed on their end as well.

Regards

Sukrit Dhingra

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the people not being able to play the audio, the error message was:

"Acrobat has encountered an error while playing this media clip: Adobe's Windows build-in player cannot play this format as the required decoder is not installed on the system"

Does that mean they don't have the proper audio codec installed? The audio file is an mp3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2016 Jun 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have similar problem. Now I can play PDF file with audio only with Adobe Reader XI. First I changed some setup to be able play audio.  When you open preferences in Adobe Reader XI, on left menu chose Security (Enhanced)> under Sandbox Protections unchecked box for Enable Protected Mode at Startup. Next under Enhanced Security, unchecked box for Enable Enhanced Security, and clicked OK. Closed Adobe Reader. Now when you open document again, it should work.

But still can't play audio in Adobe Reader DC. I try same setup like above, but it doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 16, 2016 Sep 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue. I think that the person who is downloading doesn't have the right plugin. This link takes them to the place where they can download it. Adobe Flash Player needed for Adobe Acrobat and Adobe Acrobat Reader

However, one issue that I noticed is that only Adobe properly plays the PDF with sound--which stinks. I tried to save the PDF to my Google Drive and open it with one of those programs but the sound didn't play either. Let me know if they hyperlink fixes the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 01, 2019 Feb 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More than a year later, 20 people clicked the I have the same problem button and...no answer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ı chat with team they cancelled my planned subscriptiıon because ı have a right ... ıt is a huge lie about mp4 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 03, 2019 Feb 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reader DC on what device? Most interactive elements in PDF are dependent on Flash technology. Reader exists for devices that do not support Flash and therefore have limited interactivity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2023 Jan 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So basically, if the recipient doesn't have adobe installed, they would be able to utilize the sound links on the PDF, it's basically just a usless box with a triangle in it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2023 Jan 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

wouldn't*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines