Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Auto-sizing/shrinking an image (photo) when inserting into a pdf form

New Here ,
Jun 28, 2021 Jun 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help...I have a pdf report that staff must insert images into when reporting on progress (they are using iPhone 11's with PDF Expert app to fill out forms and insert images in the field, while I created the form was created on Pro). Staff is only slightly tech-savvy and time constraints make re-sizing burdensome for many. Is there a way to assign properties to a field, where the imagaes/photos could be inserted and auto-sized to the predetermined size of the field? I believe I've seen this done on forms I've had to fill out, where images/photos were dropped and auto-forced to fit the size of the field intended for the photo. Thanks in advance for any feedback.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs, How to, PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Acrobat go to Form Edit mode, right-click the field and select Properties. Under the Options tab click Advanced and under "When to Scale" select "Always", or "Icon too big".

I can't guarantee it will work with PDF Expert, but it's worth a shot!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One other thing to be aware of if the staff is inserting bitmapped images (images that are composed of pixels).

IF they are than it's important to prepare the image to be the proper size for the document. Let me explain: Let's say the document is set to be 300 dpi. and you insert an image that is set to be 100 dpi. When inserteed into the document, the image will appear 3x too big (and will appear fuzzy, not sharp). If the image is set at 300 dpi, like the document, it will appear the correct size when placed.

The flip of this is also true. If the image was preapared to be 600 dpi, and placed in the same document as before, it would appear 1/2 the desired size.

I hope that makes sense.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Let's say the document is set to be 300 dpi"

Where do you find this setting?

Where is this property documented?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

JR,

As you know that is the default printing setting of printed material but it really doesn't make a difference. Images, however, can be set at a variety of settings and that might be where his issue is. 

Try this yourself: take any bitmapped image, make a copy of it, open that image in Photoshop, open Image Size, turn off resampling, and set the copy at 100 ppi. Now take the original image and set it at 300 ppi. Move both into the same (sic) word document. What do you see?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines