Exit

Auto tab when field is not able to hold more characters

New Here ,
Aug 07, 2021 Aug 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi experts,

Thank you for helping.

I have a form having few fields and I want to auto tab from one field to another when previous field is full.

I have a script to do it but it needs to limit the number of characters in the fieds & I don't want to use limit character for auto-tabing because there is no fix numbers you can estimate as letter "M" will take more space then "i".

Also, Combo feature is not a good solution because I can notice that the sentences in the field are not evenly spaced when using the combo feature with limit character.

I just need to auto tab when there is no space left in the field.

Please help me 

Thank you

TOPICS
JavaScript , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you search for "Acrobat auto tab" you will find many examples like this one:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/auto-tab-to-next-form-field/td-p/3266547 

hope it's what you looking for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In these answers they have uses the method where they limit the characters for the field & I need to auto tab when the field is full as letter "M" will take more space then letter "i"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Then you need to write a function that calculates the length of the text, based on the characters used it in, the font and the font size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines