Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Automatic renaming pdf files

Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2019 Dec 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I have merged a idd file with excel for about 400 files. afterwards I splitted the file with Acrobat. The result is that these 400 files get a name like 'part 1', 'part2' etc. I want to rename these files and give the thier sirname in the file name or ther company name. 

Is there software to atomacally do this.

The only sofware I could find so far was from Evermap but this can only be use on windows.

I use a mac book.

thnks

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2022 Aug 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you work this out as i have a similar question?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Aug 15, 2022 Aug 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello @Belinda256637506lr6,

If you're using Indesign and data merge you can output uniquely named pdfs directly from Indesign using a script I wrote...see the post below.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign-discussions/how-datamerge-gt-export-as-individual-pdfs-gt-au...

Regards,

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 16, 2022 Aug 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If this information is available on the page itself, and in a relatively consistent manner, then it should be possible to do it using a custom-made script (well, almost, as a script can't actually rename a file, only save a copy under the new name). It can also be done if you have a text file that contains the list of names in the same order as the pages of the PDF file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines