Automatically Import Data to PDF Documents

New Here ,
Aug 22, 2022 Aug 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on a universal template for our office and I'm trying to get it to automatically import data from other PDFs, Word documents and Excel Spreadsheets.

Essentially, someone submits a package for purchasing and I'd like to identify the fields on the PDFs for the contract form to automatically import the data from those documents. It's to cut down on the time to create a contract and keep the data consistent across all of the attachments.

I'm planning to create a whole list of templates and I'm assuming I'll have to identify each field and reference them on the form. How would I go about doing this? Is there a tutorial for this?

Any help is appreciated, hopefully this will save a lot of time for our agency.

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 23, 2022 Aug 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sounds like you have a fairly large and complicated job in front of you.  The simplest way to copy data between forms is to name the fields the same everywhere. Then, data can be moved from one form to another using data files. Unfortunately this may not be possible if you have a complex set of forms. In this case the data will require scripts to map data from form to form. 

You can read about form data here, and some of the techniques for data handling.

https://www.pdfscripting.com/public/Form-Data-Handling.cfm

You should consider hiring a consultant. I've written many data handling applications. In fact I've created a PDF based data platform very similar to what you've described.

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines