• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Automatically open file after Save As

New Here ,
Feb 21, 2023 Feb 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently, when I am working on a pdf and I perform a "Save As" the file does not open or take over. I have to go into the location folder and manually open the file. I have looked everywhere and the only option I can see is to click the "View after..." but I am on a Mac and this does not apply.

In Word, I can File>Save As, and begin working on the document as its the new file. 

Please help!

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting , How to , PDF forms , Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 08, 2023 Mar 08, 2023

Hi @KAmaral84,

Thank you for writing back. 

We tried the steps you mentioned, and the new copy takes over at our end. 

Would you mind sharing some more pieces of information for better investigation:

1. Acrobat version you are using;

2. The version of Mac you use;

3. A screen recording of the workflow happening for better understanding.

While you do so, a fresh install of Acrobat might help too.

Please run the Acrobat cleaner tool https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/cleaner.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @KAmaral84 

Hope you are doing well and sorry to hear that.

Is this issue happening when you try to save as the PDF from a particular application or with all the applications? What is the workflow/steps you are doing? A small video recording of the same would be beneficial.

Please go through the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/pdf-automatically-open-saved-photoshop.html and see if that works.

Let us know if you are referring to something else.

Regards

Amal

Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Amal. 

Here are my steps in Adobe Acrobat Pro:

I create a new PDF in Acrobat.

I send it off for review.

The client wants some changes.

I open my original copy and File>Save As (I want to keep my original copy in tact).

I then have to go into my Downloads folder to open the Save As document and then I can begin working in it.

How can I make it so that when I File>Save As the copy that is up is my newly saved pdf?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 08, 2023 Mar 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @KAmaral84,

Thank you for writing back. 

We tried the steps you mentioned, and the new copy takes over at our end. 

Would you mind sharing some more pieces of information for better investigation:

1. Acrobat version you are using;

2. The version of Mac you use;

3. A screen recording of the workflow happening for better understanding.

While you do so, a fresh install of Acrobat might help too.

Please run the Acrobat cleaner tool https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/cleaner.html, reboot the computer once, and install the application using the direct link https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/acrobat-dc-downloads.html and see if that works for you.

-Souvik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2023 Mar 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ended up having to go into Adobe Preferences > Documents and check off Always use filename as document title.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2023 Apr 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To avoid having to save the PDF file before opening, open your browser (i am using Chrome), go to settings. Select "downloads. Un-check this selection "Ask where to save each file before downloading" Turn this off and you should be able to read your PDF file without saving it first. 

Good luck. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines