• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Autopopulate field based on answer of previous field

New Here ,
Mar 03, 2023 Mar 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to set up a form where Dropdown1 is a list of police departments to choose from.  I would like it to autopoluate the address of the department chosen into the next texbox of the form.  I have created an export value (address) for each police department in Dropdown1.  Where I run into issues is setting up the next field to accept the export value of the previous field.  I have tried various scripts found in other posts but none seem to be working.  I think I'm either missing a step or the others are not requesting exactly what I am looking for.  I am a novice at scripts.  Thanks!

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where did you use script?

If you are using script in the dropdown field, use it as 'calculate' script, not 'validate'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I was able to figure out how to populate the next field by adding the script to the address field.  It tests successful.  My next question, is there any way to populate a third field with a different set of criteria?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I am tring to do is based on the selection of the police department, I would like Text3 to diplay their Vendor number.  This is what I came up with for the text3 Custom Calculation Script but it's not generating the desired results:

var Dropdown1 = this.getField("Dropdown1").valusAsString;if (Dropdown1=="") event.value = "";else if (Dropdown1=="Any Police Department") event.value = "V001";else if (Dropdown1=="Some Police Department") event.value = "V002";else if (Dropdown1=="My Police Department") event.value = "V003";

I can't pinpoint where I'm going wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The code seems fine, but make sure there are no error messages in the JS Console when you use it.

Also, you have to make sure the values you entered in the code match those in the drop-down EXACTLY, including upper/lower-case letters, spaces, etc. If the value is not "My Police Department" but "My police department" or "My Police  Department" (with two spaces after Police), it won't match.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines