Autotag form fields

New Here ,
Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, version 2022.01.20142.

In the Accessibility tools, there is an "Autotag Form Fields" command. I've tried in multiple forms using different versions of the software, and have never been able to get this to work.

When I press the button, it acts like it's thinking, then the button is grayed out like it did something. But when I use the Find command to look for unmarked annotations, all of my form fields are still untagged.

Does anyone know if this feature is broken? Or do I need to do something specific before asking for the autotag? This could be a helpful feature if I could get it to work, so appreciate any insight.

Thanks!

TOPICS
How to , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You have to have at least one form field in the document for that utility to work.

Otherwise it is greyed out.

Bevi Chagnon | PubCom | Designer & Technologist for Accessible Documents
| Books & Classes | Accessible InDesign | Accessible PDFs | Accessible MS Office |

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines