Azure Infromation Proteccion error with digital signed pdf

New Here ,
Jul 20, 2022 Jul 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello,

i have a pdf signed digital, and i want encript with azure information proteccion but i can´t.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , PDF forms , Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Jul 20, 2022 Jul 20, 2022

Azure information protection supports encryption of PDFs as specified in the PDF specification and supported by the common PDF viewers. This kind of encryption, though, must be applied at the same time as any signature as the signature signs the encrypted PDF data.

Thus, encrypting after signing is not possible without breaking the signature. Sensible encryptors, therefore, do not allow encryption of signed PDFs.

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,
Jul 20, 2022 Jul 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Azure information protection supports encryption of PDFs as specified in the PDF specification and supported by the common PDF viewers. This kind of encryption, though, must be applied at the same time as any signature as the signature signs the encrypted PDF data.

Thus, encrypting after signing is not possible without breaking the signature. Sensible encryptors, therefore, do not allow encryption of signed PDFs.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines