• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bad Parameter Error when Distributing Form

New Here ,
Jul 19, 2022 Jul 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.  I created a form in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC - Version 2022.001.20169.  When I click on "Distribute" to use the distribution wizard and go through the steps....when I hit "send" I get an error of "Bad Parameter".  I can't figure out why or how to fix this.  I thought maybe my form was corrupt so I tested this by creating a new form with only 2 fields - the same error occurs.  I am using Google Suite / gmail if that matters.

Thanks in advance foryour help.

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jul 20, 2022 Jul 20, 2022

I reinstalled and all is well.  Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 19, 2022 Jul 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Such error generally returns when there's a page or file (multiple file list) is corrupted. Or the email address used to collect the response is invalid.

There are couple of possibilities, so you may try these workarounds-

1- Create a copy of the file or recreate the PDF using Ctrl+P or File>Print>Print to Adobe PDF>Save a copy using differnt name and then try to add button.

2- Are you distributing it to larger audience?  Is it possible for you to change the email address as well?

Change the receiver and sender email for testing purpose. The cause of error is could be one of the invalid email. 

Note: 

If you choose to collect responses in your email inbox, do the following: 

• Enter the email addresses separated with a semi-colon, or click the To button to select email addresses from your address book.

Additional:

Since you are experiencing the issue with latest version. Hence, Open Acrobat>help>Repair Installation and try

again.

Thanks,

Akanchha  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2022 Jul 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reinstalled and all is well.  Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 20, 2022 Jul 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's great!

Let us know if there's any further assistance is required. 

~Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2024 Mar 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bad Parameter when attempting to Distribute Form, or use the Submit a Form Action.

Hello, I am teaching an Acrobat Class and I have 22 students including myself who is also receiving a bad parameter error, when trying to distribute several PDF's.  We've done all of the things suggested and still getting that error.  I have also reached out to support twice, and each time they have closed my ticket stating that someone from the Product Expert team would contact me and no one has.  I have a final exam that will be assigned on 3/31 and this is important to get resolved.  Is there any way anyone can help?

Previous cases
E-001193855 Created 3/24, last updated 3/26
E-001184627 Created 3/13, last updated 3/15

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 04, 2024 Apr 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the delay.

Is this an issue with a particular PDF file or with all the PDFs? Please try with a different PDF file and check.

The “Bad Parameter” error occurs when Acrobat finds some problem with the underlying structure of the tags in the PDF file. Try the following solutions.

Solution 1: Combine the PDF with another PDF

1. Launch Acrobat, and then choose File > Create > Combine Files into a Single PDF.
2. Click the Add Files menu and choose Add Files.
3. Browse and select the PDF file that shows the "Bad Parameter" error, and then click Open.
4. Click the Add Files menu and choose Add Files.
5. Browse and select another PDF file, preferably a one-page, blank PDF file, and then click Open.
6. Click Combine or Combine Files. The selected files are combined into a single PDF, and the file (Binder1.pdf) is opened in Acrobat.
7. Save the file. Select all the pages you added to the PDF using the Combine Files operation (the pages of another PDF you selected while combining files). Delete the selected pages:
8. Save the file again. To see if the error still occurs, try to delete a page from the PDF.

Solution 2: Export the PDF as PostScript file and then convert it into a PDF using Distiller

This solution works well for a PDF without interactive elements, such as multimedia or form fields.

Don't try this solution if the PDF has interactive elements; those elements may not work correctly after exporting the PDF to PostScript and then converting it back to PDF.

1. Open the PDF in Acrobat.
2. Choose File > Export To > PostScript.
3. In the Save As PDF dialog box, enter a different name for the file, and then click Save.
4. In the folder where you saved the PostScript file, right-click the file and choose Open with Adobe Acrobat Distiller.

Acrobat Distiller converts the PostScript file into a PDF file. The PDF file is saved in the same folder.

5. To see if the error still occurs, open the PDF file in Acrobat and try to delete, insert, or add a page.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2024 Apr 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Amal, I've tried those steps and it doesn't work. I've also tried several PDF's and it's happening with all 22 of my students who are in my class. I appreciate the response, I've reached out to Adobe so we'll see.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 12, 2024 Apr 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi  there

Please update the application to the new version 24.02.20687 from the help menu > check for updates and reboot the computer once and see if that works.

If it still doesn't work, please remove the application using the Acrobat cleaner tool https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/cleaner.html , reboot the computer and reinstall the application using the direct link https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/acrobat-dc-downloads.html

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines