Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Batch Folder Conversion of PDF to Word with Adobe Acrobat Pro 2017

New Here ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From looking at other forum posts here, I've found the action wizard, and added the folder I wanted to modify. However, I don't see any way to export from PDF to Word. Only JPEG, PNG, and TIFF show up as export options.

In https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/batch-convert-pdf-to-word/m-p/4527671 a suggestion was to create a new action but not add any steps, and instead open the "Options dialogue for the Save To field". My problem is that this "Save To" field doesn't appear to exist on my version.

From the forum post:

defaultei2j8rvymi8z_0-1629314043100.gif

From my computer:

defaultei2j8rvymi8z_3-1629314375127.png

Other threads on this forum have been little help; all the ones I've found just culminated in the advice "Use the Action Wizard" but nothing about how to actually get the Action Wizard to convert specifically from PDF to Word. I don't see any such option. So how do I actually get this folder of PDFs to batch export/convert to Word?

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add a Save step and there change the settings.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click the Save command on the left, and then press the button in the middle with the arrow pointing to the right to add it to your Action. Then click it and press Specify Settings underneath it, and you'll see these options.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you; this did what I needed it to.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines