Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bates stamping problems - Invalid numeric value + no font

New Here ,
May 03, 2022 May 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having two separate issues with Bates stamping:

1. Since I got the subscription model of Acrobat Pro for Mac, I get a warning pop up every time I try to input a 6-digit Bates number: "Invalid numeric value". If I scroll up through some numbers, then delete them, I can input the numbers directly. I have had this issue for years, and tech support could not help. The workaround was fine though - lived with it.

2. Now I have an issue that means I can't use the app to Bates stamp. My saved settings have a font in them. For just over two weeks, I cannot access any fonts at all - only Symbol. The drop down menu only has "Symbol" available. So instead of the prefix I have to add for work in Arial, I get what looks like Greek lettering. Three tech support workers have accessed my computer and cleaned, uninstalled, reinstalled, etc. The problem persists and they asked me to post about it here to see if someone can find a fix.

Thanks.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , Scan documents and OCR

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2022 May 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, I actually got these issues fixed. I installed Monterey, and I uninstalled Parallels (something I added just recently and thought it could be involved in issue 2 somehow). Now I have the Monterey problem with Adobe not opening online-only files from Dropbox, but I guess Dropbox say they are working on a fix for that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2022 Sep 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone else had the #2 issue with Bates numbering font switching at some myysterious point and only having "symbol" as an available font? I've also been battling this issue and have yet to find a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2022 Oct 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same exact issue and our IT team has uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times. It's only on one of our iMacs that this is happening but it's been very disruptive and impacted their ability to get work done. Following!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2022 Oct 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Restart worked for tons of people at my company!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2023 Jan 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently experiencing same problem. Someone else in office had if a few weeks ago and it spontaneously resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2024 Jan 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having the same problem with bate stamping, with the dropdown menu only allowing for "symbol" as the font.  It is incredibly disruptive and causing lots of delays, as I regularly use this feature for document production. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines