• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Best Adobe software to use for a printable and digitally available report

Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2022 Aug 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a new user to Adobe software (apart from DC). My company has asked me to work on a report that includes mainly tables and graphs. They've previously created this report using Illustrator but is there a better software that I could use to edit or draft this report? It will be printed but may also need to be available digitally. Illustrator doesn't seem like the right or most efficient software to use but any help or guidance on this would be really appreciated! Thank you!

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting , How to , Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should add that I have access to InDesign and Illustrator but don't have access to Adobe Acrobat Pro. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't use Adobe Acrobat for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Ciara255037480y5l wrote:

My company has asked me to work on a report that includes mainly tables and graphs.

Illustrator has graphs but not tables and InDesign has tables but not graphs. In my opinion, you will need both. You can do the graphs in Illustrator, then place them into InDesign as linked .ai files which can be updated in the Links panel.

InDesign also has pages with headers, footers, margins, and page numbers. Illustrator does not — it has artboards.

You will also need training if you are new to these applications.

@Ciara255037480y5l wrote:

I should add that I ... don't have access to Adobe Acrobat Pro.

Is it a fair question to ask why you posted to the Acrobat forum instead of InDesign or Illustrator?

You will actually need Acrobat Pro if others want an electronic copy of the report, though, so you might ask why you don't have it.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2022 Aug 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response, Jane. That is really helpful!

I thought I was posting to a general Adobe forum hence why I didn't post on InDesign or Illustrator forums. Thanks for your assistance though! 🙂   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 11, 2022 Aug 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Use InDesign for the layout. When done, convert to a PDF file using Acrobat.

Make sure to keep a copy of the original InDesign file, in case changes are needed in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines