• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Best practice if user opens form outside adobe (i.e. preview), without javascript

Participant ,
Sep 12, 2022 Sep 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all,

Some forms will be useless if opened outside Adobe due to javascript functionality. Aside from requesting users use adobe prior to download, what are the best practices? 

Without experience, I imagine there might be a way to conceal the 'java form' under a simpler, bare-bones form, which is on a layer above. If the user opens in Adobe, a script could conceal that layer, which would otherwise be the form used by 'renegade users'.

Firstly, I'd really appreciate your experience and solutions.

Second: if such a code as I imagine above exists, what would that look like?

TOPICS
JavaScript , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 13, 2022 Sep 13, 2022

Copy-paste this URL in Google Translate to read these killer tips in a language other than French:

https://www.abracadabrapdf.net/?p=6148

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Sep 12, 2022 Sep 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could have a large form field with a message, that is hidden on open by JavaScript. Bear in mind

1. Some PDF viewers have a limited JavaScript, so this could still be hidden even if your more complex calculations don't work.

2. There is no defined order for form fields, so it is best not to overlap this with other fields, as they might hide it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 13, 2022 Sep 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Copy-paste this URL in Google Translate to read these killer tips in a language other than French:

https://www.abracadabrapdf.net/?p=6148

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 15, 2022 Sep 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The motherload of correct answers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines