Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Big project for beginner

New Here ,
Jul 07, 2021 Jul 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

I have this document that I want to create... it's actually a form. I want to send it to various coleagues for them to compile the forms and then send them back to me. But I want to be easy to fill in, so I choose to use the checkboxes throughout the document, instead of fields (we are truck drivers and we value every minute of our time).

Now... what I want to do is this:

I have a list with 56 countries, where we can travel. Every week we have to specify where we will be travel that week, and in 95% of the cases it's about the E.U. (which has 27 countries). Can I put a checbox that say ”E.U.”, and when I check that box, all the boxes from all 27 countries become checked aswell? And if I want to add Switzerland, I'll just tick the Swiss box?

Instead of making 28 clicks, I'll make only 2 (E.U. and Switzerland)

I've found some explanation on internet, but I wasnt able to make it work. Please... explain like for an 42 years old dumb driver.

There's more with this document... but one step at a time.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post the exact name of the Adobe program you use so a Moderator may move this message to that forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, my bad.

I'm using Acrobat Pro DC. And I made the document with Microsoft 365 (word), saved it into .pdf and then created the form.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 08, 2021 Jul 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You didn't say what the field names are, but let's assume they are the same as the country names.

In that case you could use the following code as the Mouse Up event of the EU check-box:

var euCountries = ["Spain", "Portugal", "Italy", "France", "Germany", "Greece"]; // etc.

for (var i in euCountries) this.getField(euCountries[i]).checkThisBox(0, event.target.value!="Off');

This will tick all the EU fields defined in the euCountries array on or off, depending on the value of the EU check-box, while still allowing you to manually tick them on or off individually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines