Blank authentication page displayed when opening protected PDFs with Acrobat DC 64-bit 22.001.20117

New Here ,
Jun 03, 2022 Jun 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

After upgrading to latest Adobe Acrobat Reader DC 64-bit (22.001.20117) I am no longer able to open protected PDFs (Adobe LiveCycle Rights Management) when protected mode is enabled.

Looks like when protected mode is enabled the embedded browser supports only plain HTML & vanillaJS web pages. With protected mode disabled the embedded browser seems to support more cababilities.

With 32-bit version, the authetication page is properly displayed, the issue occurs only with the 64-bit version.

I have found this article https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/internet-explorer-11-end-of-life-impact-on-acrobat-reader.html stating that

"Use of Internet Explorer embedded control for SharePoint, shared reviews, and forms-based authentication workflows

Acrobat and Acrobat Reader use the Internet Explorer embedded control for sign-in workflows in SharePoint, shared reviews, and forms-based authentication. Moving away from Internet Explorer for these workflows is planned for later release."

Could this be the root cause for the issue I am curently facing?

Thank you,

Sergiu

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?