Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Getting a blank popup when requesting signatures in Acrobat Pro

Explorer ,
Sep 20, 2021 Sep 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

When I hit request signatures, the popup where you enter recipients is blank.  I have used this may times before and never had this issue.  I have signed out, restarted the laptop ans signed back in twice, still the same issue.  Screenshot below.

Thanks for your help.

Shane_au_0-1632191102135.png

TOPICS
How to sign , Send documents

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Sep 23, 2021 Sep 23, 2021

The issue was th most recent windows update that cam through about 16/9/21.  I am unable to return to previous setpoint on my laptop because I use onedrive and this interferes with the set point for windows, so I had to wipe my laptop and reinstall windows and all apps.  Now everything works fine.  This also hapened to me last year after a windows patch and I had to do the same thing.  

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version 2021.007.20091 

Windows 10 home version 20H2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

We are investigating the issue you have started facing with the latest Acrobat update. Would like some more information from you -

1- Do you see blank view when you click on Home->My Computer or Home->Document Cloud also? 

2- Could you please check what is the folder path shown in "CEF_DIR" key at the following registry -
(if you have Adobe Reader) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\DC\Installer or
(if you have Adobe Acrobat) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat\DC\Installer?

and if that folder path actually exists on your machine?

To check the above registry, please go to Start->type "regedit" and press <ENTER> key. This will open registry editor. 

Thanks for your patience,
-amboo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I was getting help through the chat window, attendant remoted into my machine, we uninstalled DC Pro and tried to reinstall, but the zip file wouldn't open.  I think it may be related to the last windows 10 update I insalled a few days ago.  

The reader path above is in my register, but not Acrobat, as it is uninstalled.  

Document cloud works fine.

I will continue investigating windows patch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 21, 2021 Sep 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure. Please keep us posted on your observations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 21, 2021 Sep 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Shane,

You can download the latest Acrobat installer from this link : https://helpx.adobe.com/in/acrobat/kb/acrobat-dc-downloads.html . Do let us know in case you face the blank popup screen post re-installation.

Regards,
Sandeep Grover

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 23, 2021 Sep 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue was th most recent windows update that cam through about 16/9/21.  I am unable to return to previous setpoint on my laptop because I use onedrive and this interferes with the set point for windows, so I had to wipe my laptop and reinstall windows and all apps.  Now everything works fine.  This also hapened to me last year after a windows patch and I had to do the same thing.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of my users are experiencing the same issues when the users request for a signature, they get a blank screen.  I have tried all of the suggestion:

1. Re-installing Adobe pro

2. checked the registry settings and it seems it is correct, it folder exist within the computer. 

Any other ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2021 Sep 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am joining in on the disussion when I click Request Signatures I am getting a blank white screen.

Any ideas appreicated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dola,

Read my responce above.  I am pretty sure it was the last windows update, see if you can uninstall the last wndows update and see how you go.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dola, 

Adobe has shipped an update for Acrobat. Request you to please update the Acrobat OR Reader app. If problem persists, please reach out to us.

How to update :   Launch Acrobat/Reader application -> From Help menu click on "Check for updates". 

Post update your application version should be 21.007.20096 for Mac and 21.007.20095 for Win.

Thanks,

Gagan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dola,

Thank you for reaching out and sorry about the trouble.

Please try installing the latest patch we have released. In the application, go to Help menu and select Check for updates.

Check if that resolves the issue for you.

For more information about the latest optional patch, please refer to the following page: https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/adobe-acrobat-and-reader-21-007-2009x-optional-up...

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks @Shane_au @Gagan @MeenakshiNegi 

I had done some googling and had run the update check and I did have to do that. No luck on that front yet.

I am using a work computer so it will be complicated for me to do a windows update rollback so I am trying to avoid that one at the moment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 30, 2021 Sep 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update Dola and sorry for the issue you are facing. Could you please share below information :

• Acrobat/Reader verison
  • Any screenshot/video of the issue
  • OS details
  • Since when you are seeing this issue
  • Are you able to see Save as dialog? ( To check - Open a PDF file -> Press ctrl+shift+s). Please share screenshot of this dialog as well.

Thanks,

Gagan 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2021 Sep 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I say this is the version am I telling you the right thing?

Dola20_0-1632985787086.png

A screenshot when I click Request signatures on the righthand side looks like this:

Dola20_1-1632985886172.png

Dola20_2-1632986005891.png

I have only noticed today, probably haven't tried for a week or so before that.

Yes, the Save as is working. I have recently learned to uncheck the online button in settings to be able to see that. It also used to have a blank screen. Screenshot:

Dola20_3-1632986144377.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 05, 2021 Oct 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dola,

Sorry for the trouble and replying late on this.

The team is working on the fix. Could you please share your email address so that we can share the fix (not release yet) with you.

Thanks,

Gagan <ggoyal@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The problem has come back again.  I am on windows 10 and I have the latest update.  It was working yesterday and now I cannot save docments or send for signatures.  

Shane_au_0-1633474117313.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And mine does appear to have started working for me!! We can swap computers perhaps 🙂

I do know @GaganG  is still investigating the details for me here @Shane_au 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks @Dola20 It was working fine after reinstalling everything and then it broke and then it fixed with the new fix and then ot broke.  Fingers crossed with the new fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I just uninstalled, used the adobe file cleaner and then reinstalled, all workimg again.  

Will see how I go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2021 Oct 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having the issue.  I tried checking for updates on both Pro and Reader and it says "no updates available" but it also reads the version is 21.007.20095 so that is apparently not the latest.  I would appreciate a fix when y'all figure this out.  I will email my email Gagan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2021 Oct 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also having the issue with version version is 21.007.20095. 

OS Version windows 10 pro.   10.0.19041 Build 149041

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2021 Oct 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this problem too. It says there are no updates available. What do I do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2021 Oct 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same issue with my users. Save As and e-signtures not working. A reboot fixed it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2021 Oct 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've experience the same issues, both with 'Save As', and when clicking 'Request Signatures' (via E-Sign). 

The 'Save As' Blank White Box was easy to fix.  Just needed to disable the search for online storage when saving.  May be related to our EDR/advanced endpoint security or DNS security filtering services.  Details here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/quot-save-as-quot-pop-up-box-does-not-allow-me-to...

We're still stuck with the 'Request Signatures' Blank White Box.  Our Adobe Acrobat DC version is 21.007.20099.  Windows 10 Pro v 21H1, OS Build 19043.1288, Feature Pack 120.2212.3920.0.  We've uninstalled and reinstalled Adobe Acrobat DC.  We've Repaired Adobe Acrobat DC.  Happening on multiple workstations.  

Would love to test beta patch if it's available

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines