Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Getting a blank popup when requesting signatures in Acrobat Pro

Explorer ,
Sep 20, 2021 Sep 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

When I hit request signatures, the popup where you enter recipients is blank.  I have used this may times before and never had this issue.  I have signed out, restarted the laptop ans signed back in twice, still the same issue.  Screenshot below.

Thanks for your help.

Shane_au_0-1632191102135.png

TOPICS
How to sign , Send documents

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Sep 23, 2021 Sep 23, 2021

The issue was th most recent windows update that cam through about 16/9/21.  I am unable to return to previous setpoint on my laptop because I use onedrive and this interferes with the set point for windows, so I had to wipe my laptop and reinstall windows and all apps.  Now everything works fine.  This also hapened to me last year after a windows patch and I had to do the same thing.  

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2021 Oct 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just bought the DC Pro programme and am having the same issues. Cannot Save As: and cannot use the signatures. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2021 Oct 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We never did seem to work mine out. It seems to work some days to create a link, then other days it does not.

The save as issue is mentioned earlier uncheck online storage option, but, I am actually not sure of what the consequence of this being unchecked actually results in.

Hope this is somehow helpful...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I met a similar issue in Windows 10.

I just bought Adobe Acrobat DC pro, but when tried to do the signature on it, the popup where you can draw signature cannot show up. It only showed a black screen.

But it is working fine on Adobe Acrobat reader DC!

Should I also need to uninstall the windows update to try to fix this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Everyone,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Can you please share more about your Acrobat version whether it is Acrobat DC or Reader DC and is it 32 or 64 version of the application ? We will share appropriate private build to check if your issue is getting fixed.

Please do share your email id as well so that we can provide you appropriate access to download private build.

-Regards

Sunil Soni

susoni@adobe.com 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sunil,

Thanks for your reply.

My version of Adobe Acrobat DC pro is 21.007.20099. It is 32bits.

My computer could support 64 bits, but I am not sure why we could only download 32bits version from Creative Cloud.

Please kindly send the private build to owenjychen@gmail.com

Thanks for your help.

Best regards,

Owen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

64 bit, full version of Acrobat DC with esign.  calanmcdonald@gmail.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Acrobat DC 32 bit. Please send private build to Kelly.Fleenor@jrautomation.com.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Sunil,

We still have not received the private build yet. May we know have you sent it?

Best regards,

Owen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I re-loaded Adobe Pro DC and also did the fix to online storage.  That made the blank box go away and "request signatures" return except for when I am combining files then trying to request signatures.  We routinely want to combine a check request with the support (invoice, receipt, etc.) and then request signatures on the check request.  So, I use combine files for that task and then previously "request signatures" but now the blank box is back and I can go no farther.

I appreciate any help and thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue with the blank screen box when requesting signatures. 

I also have to force quit the program in order to close the program. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mary, on a PC, I can hit ESC to avoid force closing the app, but Adobe esign still wont work. Waiting on a fix. Back to physical signing until they fix this 😞

Sent from my mobile device
[New blog post from AllConnected - Please read]
New blog post from AllConnected - Please Read

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2021 Oct 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fixed mine without the need for re-installation of Windows as follows:

1. Open Adobe DC,  select Help from the menu, then "Repair Installation."

2. Repair Windows corrupted files by Running a System File Checker, Typing cmd in the Search box, and clicking on Run as Administrator to open an elevated Command Prompt window. Open When Command Prompt opens, enter the following command and press Entersfc /scannow

3. Restart your PC when successfully finished fixing the corrupted files.

I hope this helps.

Antulio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, just doing the repair installation on Adobe worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Antulio, this worked for me! I did have to reapir Windows after using your instructions. Thanks so much.

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2021 Nov 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue all of a sudden.  I have not installed any windows updates and I have used the request signature option extremely often.  For some reason today all I get is a blank screen.  How do I fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This still comes in an out for me. Some weeks it will be fine, then the next week nothing will appear in various areas.

It's a shame as I do like this option of sending links to documents rather than attachments.

I hope good fixes come along soon that are easy to implement.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2022 Jan 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been dealing with this issue since late 2021 and this year.  I don't really want to play around in the registry without an expert on the line.  However, today, I did try to add initials and it let me use the file that I use for my signature.  So I 'signed' my document with my initials file.  Maybe this will work for your situation.

I do hope Adobe comes out with an update that will have this feature restored with the Windows os.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 16, 2022 Jan 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Sorry to hear about the issue you are facing with Acrobat. We had a public release on Jan11' 2022 and you can update to the latest version by Help->Check for updates. This issue should be fixed now. 

Also, please try terminating any running AcroCEF/RdrCEF processes from task manager/activity monitor, if they are present, when Acrobat is closed.

Do let us know if you still experience any issues.

Thanks for your patience,

-amboo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2022 Apr 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still having the same issue... And this is true for both Desktop and online version...  This is very annoying....  :'(

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2023 Feb 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still now not fixed a year later.

Brand new Windows 11 system, nothing on it expect Adobe CC, fresh install February 2023 and this is still happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2023 Feb 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this problem, but I am on a Mac.  My OS is macOS 12.5.1 and my version of Adobe Acrobat is 2002.001.2-0085.  I see that most of the solutions in this thread are to simply update Acrobat, but when I go go "check updates" it says I am up to date.   When I click either "sign yourself" or "request signature" I get a blank white popup and Acrobat becomes unresponsive (I have to "force quit" to get out of Acrobat).    I also got a similar blank white popup when I clicked "Save As" but was able to fix that by changing a preference to not "show online storage when opening files".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PDF file is open- Signature Area Selected and when I click on "Request Signatures" I get a white box overlay and cant do anything else. Have to hit Escape. But Still not able to add any signatures. 

If I try to add my own signature I get a feel grey overlay with a white pixel dot in the middle. 

What is going on? Anyone else having this issue? 

I have restarted, I have tried other documents, I have tried going through the online version. 

Going crazy and have some docs I need out the door! 

Help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kastatsa,

Thank you for reaching out and sorry for the trouble.

I have checked the screenshot that you have shared above. Please ensure that the application is updated to the latest version.

In the application, go to Help > Check for updates.

If the issue still occurs, please share the application and OS version on the machine.
Also, share the screenshot or small video of what happens when you try to add a signature via the online account.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Everything is up to date- Machine is Mac Mini with M1 chip running 11.4 big sur

If I go to the online account it just opens the app on my desktop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing the video.

Please confirm if the issue occurs with this particular PDf or with all. Share the current version of Acrobat on the machine. 

Did you try filling the form online on Document Cloud? If not, please open this link: https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/home and sign in using the credentials used for the desktop application. Then go to Sign > Fill & Sign. Upload the file and try filling the form.

There are some known issues with Mac OS Big Sur. Please refer to the following help document for more details: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/mac-os11-big-sur-compatibility.html 

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines