• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Blue Banner asking if I want to apply redactions

New Here ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time the first redaction is made to a document, a blue banner that says "There are unapplied redactions in this file. You can continue to select more text and images to redact, or apply to remove them" - And a button that says "Apply". I work with documents that can be 2000 pages long and have redactions throughout. I'd previously been using Adobe Acrobat Pro 2017, and it didn't have this feature. If I'm redacting constantly I know there are unapplied redactions, it's not helpful and I'm struggling to find a way to get rid of it.

I also do not want to apply redactions each time I save my document. These are working documents are the redactions are applied at the end of the end of the project. Is there anyway to change the default way save so that it doesn't ask if we want to apply the redactions? Because we do this manually.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback here.

This message is shown when you have redaction marks in your file which are not applied yet,once you apply, then redactions are created and message goes away. This is added functionality, to work with redactions in quick and easy way. 

You can read more about this here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/what-s-new-in-the-redaction-tool-with-the-latest-acrobat-upda...

I understand you need help with disabling the blue banner/ribbon, please look for a private message regarding same.

About Apply and Save option in save dialog, this is something which cannot be changed, and will be shown as long as you have unapplied redactions in a file.

Do let me know if you need more help here.

Thanks,

Charu Karwa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2021 Apr 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please tell me how to disable this frustrating waste of space warning. I know how redactions work. You should never introduce a feature that takes up screen space without a corresponding option to disable it. I wish my organization provided any other software because everytime they update versions of Adobe there are more distruptions to my workflow, wasted screen space, changing the way tools I use every single day work, it's all very annoying. Tell me how to get rid of this egregious waste of space banner that tells me something I already know and introduces a risk that I will apply redactions before i intend to. Garbage decision to make this warning mandatory. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 25, 2021 Apr 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have sent a private message to you with more details. Please check.

Regards,

Charu Karwa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you send me that message as well?  I  do not want this blue banner telling me to apply redactions either.  For many I work with, this easily-accessible "apply" button will be detremental as we never apply redactions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have sent a private message to you with more details. Please check.

Regards,

Charu Karwa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe you could just post the answer on here or link to a forum with the answer? I came here to also find out how to get rid of the banner saying that there is a blue banner saying I have unapplied redactions. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2021 Jun 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would also like to know how to get rid of the blue banner alerting me to redactions. I use the redaction function mainly to search and highlight terms for textual analysis rather than for deleting words. Or is there another way of applying the broad range of colors and frames by searching for terms? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 20, 2021 Jun 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please check the private message.

Thanks,

Charu Karwa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please let me know how to get rid of this very annoying "feature".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks,

Charu Karwa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2022 Aug 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would also like to know how to get rid of the blue banner alerting me to redactions. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can you please let me know how to remove the blue banner?  The apply button is grayed out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks,

Charu Karwa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please, send it to me too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks,

Charu Karwa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2021 Aug 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would also like to have a solution to this issue of the blue banner and "Apply" persistence.

Thank you for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would also like to know how to get rid of the blue apply redactions ribbon please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2021 Nov 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to know how to disable the blue banner/ribbon that appears when I add redaction marks that have not been applied yet. We mark documents but DO NOT apply the redactions, so this banner not only uses up valuble screen space, but it adds an element of error should one of us accidently apply the redactions. 

I found another thread in the community that addresses this but it appears that the answer is only being private messaged by Adobe employees. Please private message me, or even better, post the answer - as it appears I am not the only one trying to remove this giant blue banner/ribbon from my screen.

Kind regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2023 Jun 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dear Adobe, 

Some upgrades do not add value and this one does not! Please listen to your customers. I really hate this version of Acrobat Pro it makes my job so hard, this version is cumbersone and eliminates efficency for redaction.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines