• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Blue Screen of Death during installation of acrobat pro 2017

Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2023 Feb 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed Acrobat Pro X1 accidentally, then I uninstalled it and downloaded Acrobat Pro 2017. I had a Serial number. I tried to install 2 times and each time I got BSOD. Stop Code Kmode_Exception_Not_Handled, What failed: CI.dll. My laptop is literally 3 days old. This is the first and only issue I have had. 

I cannot even uninstall it as it is not showing in Programs, but there are components installed that I want to get rid of. How can I safely remove these? And is this a common issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 09, 2023 Feb 09, 2023

IT guy. We are running into the same issue. We found that update KB5022360 for Windows 11 has been causing the issue. If you updated to it and try to install Adobe Acrobat 2020, you'll get the BSOD as soon as it gets to the point of installing the Print to PDF portion. If you install Adobe Acrobat 2020 prior to updating and then install the update, you will enter into a BSOD loop that can only be broken by entering safe mode and uninstalling Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 07, 2023 Feb 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

use the acrobat cleaner tool.

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/uninstall-reinstall-acrobat.html

in the future, to find the best place to post your message, use the list here, https://community.adobe.com/

p.s. i don't think the adobe website, and forums in particular, are easy to navigate, so don't spend a lot of time searching that forum list. do your best and we'll move the post if it helps you get responses.

<moved from using the community>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2023 Feb 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used the tool, but still have an entire folder for Adobe in C:\Program Files(86) so I am not positive it all got cleaned up. I read it could be a hardware issue, but the laptop is brand new and Dell just replaced the original one due to faulty usb ports. I am hoping it isn't that or the OS. Thank you for the advice. I will do that next time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's your OS version? Be aware this version of Acrobat (not to mention XI!) are no longer supported by Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OS is Windows 11. Brand new Laptop. I understand X1 and 2017 are no longer supported, but I work for local Govt and we are always behind.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@defaultiw4qe362mefv 

uninstall

clean

restart computer

re-install using compatibility mode, win 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It never installed completely and was not under Programs and Features, so I couldn't uninstall it. That was the frustrating part.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CL.DLL is part of your graphics driver. So the first thing to do is update your graphics driver - these are a common source of issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I will give that a shot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My coworker got the BSOD on his last 3 installs 2020 Version and has tried updating the graphics driver, but still no success. He installed 3 last week without error on the same type of PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@defaultiw4qe362mefv 

the acrobat cleaner "should" uninstall the previous partial acrobat install(s).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edit: I work in IT and my coworker just installed Adobe Acrobat Pro 2020 on three PC's without error and the last 3 he set up all blue screened with this same error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2023 Feb 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IT guy. We are running into the same issue. We found that update KB5022360 for Windows 11 has been causing the issue. If you updated to it and try to install Adobe Acrobat 2020, you'll get the BSOD as soon as it gets to the point of installing the Print to PDF portion. If you install Adobe Acrobat 2020 prior to updating and then install the update, you will enter into a BSOD loop that can only be broken by entering safe mode and uninstalling Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I will look for this update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was reading back on what I wrote and, just to clarify, you want to uninstall the KB5022360 update. I didn't  want you running into that BSOD loop. It's quite annoying!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Should I not install the KB even after the install Adobe?

Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Eh, I probably wouldn't. It's unfortunate because it's a cumulative update. Hopefully the next Windows 11 update will fix things or Adobe patches it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 10, 2023 Feb 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This worked!...thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines