• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bookmarking / Organizing pages

New Here ,
Jun 14, 2021 Jun 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to automatically organize pages to match bookmarking (for instance, if I want to put page 30 as page 2) instead of just manually organizing the pages?  I'm hoping there's an automatic way, but I can't figure it out.  I want to be able to print the document exactly as bookmarked.  Thank you.

TOPICS
How to , Scan documents and OCR

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a (single) bookmark pointing to each page in the file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, sometimes sub bookmarks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That complicates matters. It means you'll need to use a recursive function to be able to process the entire bookmarks tree in the code.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So what about if I don't use subs.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then it's more straight-forward, but would still require a custom-made script to iterate over all the bookmarks, executing each one, remembering the page each one points to and then sorting the pages based on the order of the bookmarks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds a little complicated.  I wonder if I should install pdflyer that appears to allow what I'm looking for.  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a bit...

Well, if you're interested in hiring a professional to develop it for you, feel free to contact me privately via [try6767 at gmail.com]. I've created similar tools in the past, so it should not be a problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!  I will talk to my employer.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines