• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bought new laptop with Windows 10 and new Acrobat DC. Files are much larger now.

New Here ,
Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I've got an old laptop with Windows 7 and Adobe Acrobat 2015 and PDFMaker word plugin, which came with the acrobat installer. I've purchased a new laptop, Windows 10 with newest Acrobat DC, and if I convert with files with PDFMaker to .PDF files, the files are much larger then previous installations. It was always around 140KB and now its about 380KB. For 1 file, its not a big problem, but I need to make 10.000 files like that and upload them to a very limited resource.

Is there a way to auto compress files while making? Or is there a feature of key that I can use tot always compress EVERY file I make with Acrobat? I can only make a file around 380kb and then compress THAT PDF file to 140kb. If I have to do that work-around with 10.000 files, it will be a big frustration.

In short: Is there a way to auto compress every file while making? or change something in Acrobat so that the compress option is ALWAYS on.

Kind regards,

Tobias

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What conversion settings does you use?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Bernd Alheit I can't set any conversion settings. I just click on the PDFMaker icon and it happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Next to the Create PDF icon in that ribbon there's another one called Preferences. There you can decide what settings to use when converting the file to a PDF. This selection will have a big effect on the file size, among other things.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@try67 those settings are for that specific file, but I want to change the settings in order to have every file from that moment in compressed size. Is that possible?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

These are the general settings that are used whenever you use the PDFMaker plugin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines