• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Buttons not working in interactive pdf

New Here ,
Sep 20, 2021 Sep 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Suddenly, I am getting weird behavior when I click on a button on a pdf that was exported as an interactive pdf from InDesign. Email hyperlinks seem to be fine. Nav arrow buttons and buttons created to navigate to bookmarked pages are not working. Example: a large circle meant to go to a page highlights with a rectangular random photo from the document. Text meant to navigate to a page either deletes the text, adds a block of text from a random part of the document or shows up as a grey box. Even all of my old pdfs are behaving this way. Have already restarted the computerwhich usually solves my issues.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 22, 2021 Sep 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you check that you have selected the option [Include All] under "Forms and Media" in the export dialog?

radzmar_0-1632339274786.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2021 Oct 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sherry1663,

I've just been through this and think I have an answer for you:

1. Make sure your document is set up for web, not print.

2. All colors need to be RGB

3. Vectorize everything you can - Example; paste nav images (arrows etc) into INDD.

4. Simplify the file by putting the vector nav images (RGB) into master pages.

5. Eliminate links and paste RGB images (PNG/JPGs) direct into INDD if possible.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2023 Jan 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, buttons are not working any more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2024 Feb 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I experienced the same problem. Buttons for next/previous page are not working anymore. Also affects older interactive PDFs that I know is set up right and exported as interactive with all forms included. Hyperlinked elements work, interactive buttons do not. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines