• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Calculation Form Field Picker Not Working Acrobat DC

New Here ,
Apr 18, 2018 Apr 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am creating a form in InDesign CC and exporting as an interactive PDF. I want to make some of the fields calculate a sum. When I select Value Sum and click on the Pick Fields, I am able to select the fields I want to include in the sum, but when I select okay, they do not appear in the window and the field does not calculate. I was reading about some bug/issues in 2015, but did not see any resolution. Does anyone have any suggestions. I tried restarting. Uninstalling and reinstalling and this did not fix it.

Let me also say that I was trying to use the add java script in the custom field under Format and I am having the same problem where my window does not display the content after Selecting Edit and entering the information in the window.

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 18, 2018 Apr 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of the problems with the built in Sum function is that the field names cannot contain spaces or punctuation. This could be the issue. But there is a much more problematic bug with disappearing calculations. I've had this problem a few times and it usually goes away if you add a calculation to another Field, then click onto the first field that had the issue. 

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh my god, thank you.  Had the same problem as OP.  Removing spaces in field names fixed my issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2023 Jun 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Doing a "dummy" calculation in another field worked for me. Honestly, using Acrobat Pro is sometimes like a video game; use the space bar to choose fields, detour to another random field and add a meaningless function there in order to make your target operation work. Who thinks up these things, anyway?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2021 Sep 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My co-worker had a 7 page document that was not working. Made in CC InDesign 2021 with interactive text, signature, and checkboxes. The last step was to calculate fields in Acrobat but there was nothing to pick from the field box.

I found out that the name on a check box was the issue. There were three periods in a row. Once that was removed I was able to see the fields to calculate in Acrobat. Funny how something like that could break it.

Don't make any interactive element names with ...

I'm sure other names would cause an issue. Simple is best!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2022 Aug 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried what some of the users had mentioned... I made sure I didnt have any spaces in the field names. I also quit Acrobat and started up again and then it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines