• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Calculations not working

Community Beginner ,
Jul 05, 2024 Jul 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, in two forms calculations won't work. The real weird thing is that two of these forms were created off the original, and it is the original and one of the others that are not working. For the ones not working, neither the sum function or the simplified function works (I haven't tried the custom calc field). Is there a setting that has changed to prevent these from working for these documents and not the other one?

This is the simplied formula I am using: PowerPowerPlant-PowerSubPower (each of these are the exact names and tool tips of the fields in question)

Again, it works for one document but not the others.

TOPICS
PDF , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 06, 2024 Jul 06, 2024

OK. So I opened them today, and tried it - and it all worked. I don't get it. Why would it not work before, but now it does. I really didn't do anything different.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are there any errors in the console?  If a field is missing or a field name is incorrect (including case sensitivity) the calculation won't work.  Also, have you checked the calculation order?  It might have changed, causing issues.  If you can't solve it with these suggestions, share the forms if you are able and I'll take a look.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I can tell, everything was aligned and the sum function was working before I put in the power calculations column (and had the issue). Also, the order of the equation is is good, and I get no java error prompt; it just doesn't take and the highlighted button switches back to the "Value is not Calculated" button. 

Here are the three documents issues (if any):

Ship Record_SmallVessels: nothing, all is working.

Ship Record_MediumVessels & Ship Record_VesselsLarge: only the Simplified Field Notation (for the subtraction) isn't working.

Thank you for your assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the names of the fields with calculations that are working in some and not others?  With sums and simplified field notations, I can't find the fields with calculations without going through all of them individually.  There seem to be calculations missing in some of the Total fields on certain forms.  For example:

The field "PowerTotal" in the file "Ship Record_SmallVessels" has a simplied field notation.

Those same fields in the other two files do not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's just it, I type the equation (PowerPowerPlant-PowerSubTotal) in the Simplified Notation Field of the Medium and Large versions and it does not take. The equation never stays in there and the highlighted button switches to the Value Not Calculated button. So, there aren't any equations in them, because the equations won't stay.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The equation goes in the Power Total field. For the small one, it all works. I included it to show you how it is supposed to work. You can look at the Ship Record_SmallVessels fields (Power Total, PowerSubTotal, PowerPowerPlant) to see what I am doing. Sorry, I guess I should have explained that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to add them without any problems.  Try again.  If you have an error it won't take.  You have to close the field and start over.  I copied and pasted you simplified field notation to the other fields and they took.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2024 Jul 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK. So I opened them today, and tried it - and it all worked. I don't get it. Why would it not work before, but now it does. I really didn't do anything different.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines