• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Calendar Dropdown in Adobe Acrobat Sandard 9/9.5

Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to create a dropdown similar to the widget in newer DC/Pro versions for date fields, is there a 

TOPICS
Create PDFs , How to , JavaScript , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's no built-in option for that in your ancient version. You can create your own or use one that someone else has created. However, you don't need to do that if your users have Acrobat (or Reader) DC. Just create a text field and set its Format to Date and the calendar widget will appear automatically for those users, even if it doesn't for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My users will be using my ancient version. I'm afraid.. How would I go about making my own? I couldn't find any similar posts on this 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That would be a tremendous scripting task. There are some pre-existing tools that will do it for you, like this one: https://formrouter.com/tools/

You really should consider upgrading, though. Not just for the missing functionality, but also for compatibility (unless you're using Windows Vista, or something like that) and security reasons.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

I have been trying to get my team to upgrade but unfortunately our method is only validated for this Acrobat version.. :// Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK, I don't know what "method" that is, but expect problems if you're on Windows 10 or a similar OS version (if you're on a Mac then forget about it entirely).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines