• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can a PDF created in Acrobat send tracking when Opened?

New Here ,
Apr 26, 2022 Apr 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new to PDFs, but I am trying to understand if I can create a PDF in Acrobat that would automatically generate a tracking when any user opens it from windows standard file explorer. I have seen Fill&Sign capabilities, but is there any other mechanism that would be embedded inside a PDF itself that would send track automatiucally anytime a user opens it without using a web delivery and open interface.  My marketing team seems to think that they have seen a PDF file that could be be put on a USB stick, and will send tracking anytime a user opens it, but I am skeptical if/how that would work.

Any comments or pointers welcome.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 26, 2022 Apr 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This would require embedding DRM technology in the file, which can be very expensive, and would require an internet connection each time the user wanted to open it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines