• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can Acrobat DC number pages and create an index (printable) for a compiled PDF?

New Here ,
Jun 10, 2022 Jun 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I often have to compile many documents into a single PDF, which may end up being 50 pages or 1,000 pages. It just depends.

I am looking for software that will do the same and also add page numbers and automatically create a printable index of all the documents that were compiled into the final PDF.

Is this something that Acrobat DC has the capability of doing (and thus, I don't need additional software)? If so, how do I do this?

Thank you for your time and insight; it is greatly appreciated!

Rosi

TOPICS
Create PDFs , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 10, 2022 Jun 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create the index in Word or InDesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 11, 2022 Jun 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Acrobat can easily add page numbers, yes. You can use the Add Header or Footer tool to do that.

Creating a printed index is also possible in Acrobat, but is much more complicated and will require a custom-made script.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines