• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can Adobe create a faster way to change highlight and text-box colors?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2016 Apr 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our office heavily utilizes Acrobat for its ability to change the color of comments and text boxes.

Each color signifies a certain action item, or group that needs to work on it. We need to change colors frequently as the status changes.

The current procedure for doing this is to right click an existing highlight, select properties, click on the color square, select the color palate, select the new color, close the color palate, and click "OK." This is clearly not optimal, and it was much easier in previous versions of Acrobat.

Would it be possible for Adobe to create a faster right-click functionality for changing the highlight or text box color?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 22, 2016 Apr 22, 2016

Dear Bernd Alheit,Bernd Alheit

This is brilliant--thanks for the response!

I wonder why this feature so deeply hidden in Acrobat...?

It shouldn't require posting to a forum and 3 days to find!!

Thanks again,

Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 20, 2016 Apr 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can make a feature request here: Feature Request/Bug Report Form

However, it is possible to do it, but it requires using a script, like this one I've developed which allows you to easily and quickly switch between different highlighting colors, and it can also be adjusted to work with other commenting tools: Custom-made Adobe Scripts: Acrobat/Reader -- Quickly Switch Between Highlighter Colors

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 21, 2016 Apr 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2016 Apr 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Document Geek,

The color palate on the Properties Bar was indeed a great feature of old Acrobat versions--this was when changing the color was easy. Unfortunately I think Adobe removed this feature several versions ago. If it's still around, I haven't been able to find it.

Adobe has replaced it's simplicity with the the 7-step process I described above.

If you know of a way to bring up the Properties Bar in Acrobat DC, I'd be indebted!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 22, 2016 Apr 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Activate the highlight tool and press ctrl-e.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2016 Apr 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Bernd Alheit,Bernd Alheit

This is brilliant--thanks for the response!

I wonder why this feature so deeply hidden in Acrobat...?

It shouldn't require posting to a forum and 3 days to find!!

Thanks again,

Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2022 Jul 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great work-around!!!

You can also make your new highlight color the default.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines