• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can Adobe not auto-save every viewed PDF ?

New Here ,
Mar 09, 2019 Mar 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

New to the group.  I've noticed over the last year or so that every PDF I view online, or from an email, or wherever, it will automatically save a copy in the downloads folder in Windows.  I didn't pick to 'save' the file, or even the location, it just saves it, with whatever cryptic title.

Is there a setting to only 'save' the ones I choose to save and give a proper title to it?

Thanks,

Andy

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 09, 2019 Mar 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reader doesn't save to downloads AT ALL. What I guess is happening is this

1. You go to view a PDF in your web browser

2. It downloads the file to Downloads

3. It looks to see what to do with the file

4. It runs Reader

So Reader doesn't put the file there. The browser does.

Does it have to? Depends. What is your web browser (e.g. Edge, Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari) and system (e.g. Mac OS Sierra, Windows 10)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2019 Mar 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Andy,

As you mentioned the files are getting saved in the downloads folder, it means the files are getting downloaded in your system for that you need to check with the web browser settings.

For a workaround you can try to use any other web browser as a default web browser and then check the behavior. If it works for you then try to reset your previously used web browser.

Thanks

Pradeep Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2024 Jun 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same problem. When I click on a PDF to view it I get a pop up that asks, "You have chosen to open a PDF. What should Fire Fox do with this file?   Open with Fire Fox? Open with Adobe Acrobat DC (default)? Save file? I always chose "Open with Fire Fox" or I chose "Open with Adobe Acrobat DC (default)", yet it ALWAYS saves the file on my desktop. I do not want to save the file automatically, I just want to view the file. How do I fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines