• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

can editable pdf files to be locked after signature on the ipad or phone?

New Here ,
Sep 21, 2019 Sep 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all good day.

I wonder that can editable pdf files to be locked after signature on the ipad or phone?

On the desktop, it can be locked; however through the ipad or phone, it can' be locked.

Is there any setting that the file can be locked if signed on the ipad or phone?

Many Thanks. 🙂

Ben

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2023 Mar 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Seems to be an old topic, to which I'm also looking for information, maybe someone has an idea or a link to the answer...

I create a PDF form using radio buttons, text fields, and a digital signature field which is set to mark all fields as read only after sign off. Also, the document is password protected against editing... just in case.
However, after signing the document ("Save as" prompt appears) I can't do any changes to the document and the signature validation status shows "VALID". As expected, any changes to the content are not possible.

Synchronizing the file using OneDrive I'm able to open the file using my iPhone and - this is the funny thing - to change the content of all form fields. After saving the file and resync, back on my PC the validations status shows an error "Signature contains incorrect, unrecognized, corrupted or suspicious data."

Not sure, where the issue comes from, and any helps is welcome.
All my tools, like Acrobat Pro or iPhone are up to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines