Can emailing a pdf change add/remove objects from the pdf?

New Here ,
May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is hard to explain, but basically My boss recieved a printing proof from one of our vendors and forwarded it to me (Graphic Designer) and the Account Manager. I looked at the proof on both my and the Manager's computer and it looked good to me. We just recieved the final product and one spread out of 20 has a weird white box around both pages. I checked my proof and it's not there but my boss checked his version of the proof and the box is there! Could a path somehow be completely deleted from emailing a pdf? We opened both in Illustrator to confirm his has a path there and mine does not, but it is the exact same file.

Here is an example of what the file looks like for me, the version that printed has a white line in between the two red lines that goes all the way around both pages.Screen Shot 2022-05-23 at 3.34.39 PM.png

Oh yeah, and I submitted the print files as individual pages so theres no way I could have applied a box around two pages like that.

Thanks in advance for the advice or a more applicaple place to ask!

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your FPO lines may not have been set to overprint so even though you might have them specified as a spot colour you did not not print, it would have knocked out everything behind it to white. Can you upload the PDF?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines