• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I create a PDF with signature field that can be sent out by someone who doesn't have Acrobat Pro

New Here ,
Mar 08, 2023 Mar 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got Acrobat Pro so I can update some business forms to have people sign electronically. I created it and it works great for me. There are a few others who may need to send this form out to people to sign. But I can't see a way for them to send the form out for a signature unless they have Acrobat Pro as well. Is there a way for them to do it by only having the free Reader version?

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Users of Acrobat Reader can send the form per email.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How would they do that? The only option I can see for the signature field is to select the Request E-Signature option, which is only available in the Acrobat Pro version. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the "Request E-Signatures" tool in Acrobat. The user will recieve an email that links to a webpage where they can sign the form. All without any PDF viewers.  It's all done through the web. 

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Attach the form to a email and send it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines