Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I delete layers in Adobe Pro DC?

New Here ,
Jul 08, 2021 Jul 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The instructions I've found explain how to merge layers together, but it doesn't allow me to permanently remove them from the document. Does anyone know how? 

I'm working with a document that will potentially be updated often, with 4 pages of layers all coordinating together. I don't want to have excess data stored in the file, which would happen if I continued to merge and hide the old ones. 

Thank you!

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flatten layers effectively deletes them. If you don't want to keep their contents then hide them first, then flatten.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!

I see that there is no options to choose which layers to flatten. This is a real drag when you're working with multiple layers and constantly changing them... A suggestion for another version maybe since this is possible in all of the other Adobe programs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines